Polka-Dot Nail TipsSometimes a certain look can be a little too much for your whole nail, but don’t let that stop you. Painting just a portion of your nail can create an eye catching look, and it’s perfect for those intricate patterns that either overwhelm your nails or, let’s be honest, take way too long to do! Related: Striped Ombré Nails Tutorial
- Tape off a portion of your nail. I am leaving approximately the top third of my nail open. This gives you a good space to work with, and it also differentiates itself from the French tip.
- Prep the open portion of your nail with a clear base coat.
- Paint your nail a solid colour. I am using the wonderful deep pink shade “Eva” by Julep.
- Carefully peel off the tape.
- Using a pin or a narrow tipped brush, paint little dots all over the coloured portion of your nails.
- Let the dots dry.
- Finish off the look with a clear top coat.