By Perri O. Blumberg, REDBOOK
Mornings can be hectic, and anything but romantic. Here are three sweet ways you can strengthen your marriage before you both walk out the door.
1. Get in sync. Instead of shouting reminders while you're both getting ready, link up your schedules with Google Calendar. "The app coordinates and instantly updates your days," says Amy Spencer, author of Bright Side Up: 100 Ways to Be Happier Right Now. Say you book an after-work haircut; he'll automatically see that he needs to cover soccer pick-up. Create one for your carpool gang and your older kids to keep everyone sane - and nobody stranded.
Related: The 18 Most Annoying Male Habits, Explained
2. Make cozy plans for later. Morning is actually the perfect time to buy movie tickets online or grab a dinner rez. (Try sites like savored.com or dinetonite.com, where you can book a table and get a discount.) In a few clicks, you'll both have something to look forward to all day.
Related: The 5 Outfits Guys Secretly Hope You'll Wear
3. Spoil yourself - and him. A recent study published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology found a link between tasting something sweet and acting nice. So go ahead, indulge in the dessert-style breakfasts (they're not even bad for you!). And always, always kiss good-bye: It's a quick, easy way to lower stress levels and feel bonded.
More from REDBOOK:
5 Man-Magnet, Figure-Flattering, Show-Stopping Outfits
Sex Toys That Give the Best Buzz
- 75 Most Iconic Hairstyles of All Time
- Fun, Cheap Date Ideas
- 8 Tips for Baby-Soft Skin
Permissions: Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.