Easy how-to: Two-tone basket
1. Place drop cloths or newspapers on your floor to protect it from any spills. Use a paint tray to catch run-off paint.
More from Chatelaine
- Five creative shoe storage solutions
- 10 things I learned about decluttering from a professional orgamizer
- Modern, cozy home decor ideas: Seven tips
- Sarah Richardson's design tips to make over your basement
- Design tips for a family room: How to create a focal point
2. Grab a friend or family member: You will handle the paint, and your partner will hold the basket.
3. Slowly pour paint down the lower half of the basket while your partner hold it by the upper rim and rotates it. Collect paint in paint tray and pour back into can.
4. Let dry completely. Repeat as needed. Click here to watch the video tutorial.
No-mess cheat: Get a similar look by brushing several thick layers of paint onto the basket.
Get this look: Kivik sofa, rug, Ikea. Striped throws, West Elm. Basket, Plaiter Place, 416-593-9734. Wall paint, Fast Paced, Basket paint, Whitewash White, both Para Paints.
For more dip-dye ideas, click here.
Connect with Chatelaine: