Wheat-berry, kale and cranberry salad
Wheat-berry, kale and cranberry salad (Photo by Roberto Caruso)
This low-cal winter classic is a great source of craving-conquering fibre, blood-pressure-lowering potassium and bone-building calcium. Here are eight sweet and savoury pumpkin recipes to try.
Recent research shows the compound behind the berries’ bright hue is bursting with disease-fighting phenols. Try these 10 cranberry recipes this holiday.
Your Christmas tree can brighten more than your living room: Its needles are packed with skin-enhancing vitamin C and energy-boosting iron.
Try them in tea:
1. Select a handful of the newest needles from branch tips. Snip into pieces.
2. Add to boiling water, simmer 20 minutes.
3. Strain into a mug and add your favourite seasonal spices to taste.
More from Chatelaine:
- Feel-good mashed potatoes - with extra protein
- Christmas dinner menu: Tricked-out turkey!
- Holiday cookie recipes
- Savoury soup recipe to fight colds and help you stay healthy this winter
- Five tips to plan healthy meals for the whole week (and a mini muffin recipe!)
Connect with Chatelaine: