1. Skip sugar in the morning
Ditch your latte, which contains up to three teaspoons of sugar - even without any added sweetener - simply because of the natural sugars in milk. Instead, have a cup of joe with a splash of cream and flavour it with a few shakes of antioxidant-rich cinnamon.
2. Have dinner for breakfast
Most of us include healthy protein and good fats at dinner but lean toward high-carb bagels or cereals for breakfast. Instead, have a hearty meal within an hour of rising, like eggs, a protein shake with almond butter and an apple, or Greek yogurt with berries and nuts. It'll help reduce your appetite and boost metabolism. This simple trick will also free you from the 3 p.m. slump.
3. Take slimming supplements
Try a probiotic, up to 4,000 IU of vitamin D3 and up to 3 g of fish oils a day to lower insulin levels, reduce inflammation and aid digestion.
Natasha Turner is a naturopathic doctor and author of The Carb Sensitivity Program. For more health advice from Natasha Turner, click here.
- Six anti-aging tips to keep your DNA young and healthy
- Four natural ways to reduce cellulite and fat
- Lose weight with the right balance of carbs, fat and protein
- Weight loss secret: How resveratrol keeps you young and healthy
- Seven diet myths that are making you fat
Connect with Chatelaine: