This handmade project seems intimidating — especially to those who aren’t naturally crafty — but in reality, it’s super easy and inexpensive to make. Inspired by interior designer Nichole Loiacono, this DIY lantern requires just a few materials, four simple steps and the result is a beautiful, one-of-a-kind light fixture that is sure to make any house guest go ”ooohh” and “ahhh”!
What you need:
How to do it:
1. First, scrunch up the coffee filter so that the bottom forms a pointed shape.
2. Place a small amount of hot glue on the bottom point of the coffee filter, and place on the lantern, holding it in place for a few seconds.
3. Continue the same process, covering the entire surface of the lantern.
4. Once covered, screw a lightbulb to the cord and insert into the top opening of the lantern. Secure the cord within the wire holder at the top of the lantern, so that it hangs nicely in the centre.
More from Chatelaine:
- Five cool ways to decorate your mugs with a marker
- How to make an organizational board
- How to make a modern pendant lampshade
- How to update your wicker baskets with the dip-dye effect
- How to recover a lampshade: Six easy steps
Connect with Chatelaine: