I gave my co-workers three chances to guess what these sculptures represent. No, it's not a Barbapapa family. It's not a stress ball. And it's not a soap stone either!
These are life-sized replicas of the non-menstruating uterus (white) and the menstruating uterus. We kid you not. Ever since we saw this image, we haven't been able to stop thinking about it.
So now if you wonder why you're feeling bloated, heavy, and like your uterus is weighted down like a canon ball, look at this photo. Our bodies are doing some crazy stuff! You have the right to take it slow. Your uterus just doubled in size!
The Jocelyn Centre in Sydney, Australia created these fabulous visual aids, and the photo comes courtesy Apples and Ovaries.
- Why We Need to Get Over Public Nudity
- Yes, I Drank While Pregnant (in Moderation)
- Is It Skin Cancer? How to Tell a Harmless Mole from a Melanoma
- Could You Have Adult ADHD? Here are the Signs
- Make Some Time For Yourself, Mama! How to Prioritize Self-Care
Connect with iVillage.ca: