Grown-up fruit rolls? Yes, please! Here's how to make these delicious smart snacks:
1. Preheat oven to 170F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil; spray with oil.
2. Whirl 1 cup pumpkin purée, 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce, 1/4 cup packed brown sugar and 1/2 tsp pumpkin-pie spice in a food processor until smooth.
3. Pour mixture on prepared sheet. Using a spatula, evenly spread very thinly to edges. Bake in centre of oven until dry, 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
4. Transfer to a rack to cool completely. Peel fruit leather from foil, roll in waxed paper and store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
More from Chatelaine:
- Oatmeal in a jar: Snack-sized back to school treat
- 30 lunch recipes
- Baked goat cheese and apple salad
- Tandoori salmon with zucchini boats
- 15 sweet and savoury apple recipes
Connect with Chatelaine: