Preparation time: 20 minutes, Total time: 45 minutes, Makes: 6 Servings
Fresh veggie lasagna
Photo by Roberto Caruso
- 475 g tub extra-smooth ricotta, about 2 cups
- 540 mL can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp hot-red-chili flakes
- 796 mL can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 360 g pkg fresh lasagna sheets
- 5 cups shredded red Swiss chard, leaves only, about 1 small bunch
- Preheat oven to 450F. Stir ricotta with beans, lemon zest and chili flakes in a large bowl. Combine tomatoes with water, garlic and salt in a medium bowl.
- Spread 1 cup of tomato mixture on bottom of a 9 x 13-in. baking dish. Lay 2 sheets side by side overtop. They will not cover sauce completely. Spread half of ricotta mixture on sheets. Scatter half of chard overtop. Drizzle one-third of remaining sauce overtop. Repeat layering. Finish with lasagna sheets, then sauce. Cover baking dish with foil.
- Bake in centre of oven for 20 min. Remove foil and continue baking for 5 more min.
The Burgundy region is known for its superb chardonnays, but there's another white grape hidden in those vineyards. This light aligoté with its lemon-zesty acidity works wonders with lasagna. Our pick: Jaffelin Bourgogne Aligoté, France, $18.
Nutrition (per Serving)
Calories 431, protein 23 g, carbohydrates 62 g, fat 11 g, fibre 8 g, sodium 824
More from Chatelaine:
- Spicy spaghettini with goat cheese, tomato and artichoke
- Quick and easy stir-fry recipes
- Low-calorie dinner collection
- Wild rice salad
- Hearty bison stew
Connect with Chatelaine: