It happens to all of us. Sometimes opening up the closet doors can make us feel somewhat unenthused to get dressed for the day. And the issue may not even be the clothing on display, but rather the presentation. You'll be surprised at how easily a pop of colour, pattern or detailing on your clothes hangers can enhance your mood and inspire you to get your day started on the right track. Here are four fun ideas to dress up your hangers:
1. Paint them with spray paint
This is a super easy way to add bright pops of unexpected colour to your closet. I'd recommend Rustoleum Tremclad spray paint, which is durable and available in a wide variety of colours. Tip: You may want to tape off the metal part of the hanger before painting — over time, the paint may chip.
2. Tie a bow on it
Some of the simplest ideas can have the most stand out results. I love the idea of tying a simple ribbon in your favourite colour on to a wooden hanger for a bit of pretty detailing.
4. Personalize with a monogram
Turn normal hangers into elegant mongrammed accessories by tracing an initial in your favourite font onto the hanger with a felt tip or fineliner marker.
Photo credit: Weddingbee
More from Chatelaine
- Five creative shoe storage solutions
- 10 things I learned about decluttering from a professional orgamizer
- Modern, cozy home decor ideas: Seven tips
- Sarah Richardson's design tips to make over your basement
- Design tips for a family room: How to create a focal point
Connect with Chatelaine: