Our top tips for finger-licking good chicken on the BBQ:
1. Skin-on, bone-in chicken pieces deliver the most delicious and moist results.
2.Grill over medium-low with the lid closed.
3. To prevent chicken from sticking to the grill, don't touch it for the first 15 min. Then slide a metal spatula between the chicken and the grill before turning.
4. If using a marinade (check out our chicken seasonings), brush chicken with marinade during grilling but stop at least 10 min before the cooking is done to allow the marinade to fully cook.
5. For skinless, boneless chicken, marinate (check out our toppings page), then brush with oil. Grill over medium for about 7 minutes per side.
Chicken recipes and marinades:
BBQ chicken with piri piri sauce
Stuffed Greek chicken
Grilled Turkish chicken
Lemon chicken with mint
Classic BBQ glaze: Mix 1/4 cup ketchup with 2 tbsp maple syrup, 1 tsp minced garlic and pinch of cayenne. Brush over nearly cooked chicken and grill another 3 min.
Asian marinade: Combine 1/4 cup fish sauce and 2 tbsp each sesame oil, chili-garlic sauce and rice vinegar. Marinate chicken for 20 min.
Island rub: Mix 1 1/2 tsp each allspice, cinnamon, cumin, curry, dried thyme and salt. Rub on chicken just before grilling.
- How to cook the juiciest chicken...in a bag
- Friday night BBQ party menu
- How to safely freeze and thaw meat
- Four ways to cook bacon
- 10 recipes for in-season June vegetables
Connect with Chatelaine: