Table for two menu: Share a porcini-rubbed T-bone, a fresh potato and spinach salad, a bold syrah and a tarty dessert.
Wine pairing: Township 7 Syrah, British Columbia, $26.
This B.C. syrah is perfect for date-night romance. Brimming with clove, blackberry and leather chased by a lingering finish, its smooth tannins and dry character enhance steak. Decant an hour or two before serving.
Dessert: Lemon-coconut shortbread squares
As irresistible as lemon meringue pie but much easier to make - and there's no need for a fork and plate.
- Maple-strawberry cream cake: A perfect springtime dessert
- How to make a perfect 'French' omelette
- BBQ ribs: A make ahead meal
- Cilantro-lime chicken soup: A one-pot meal for busy families
- 12 ways to pair your food with coffee
Connect with Chatelaine: