You may not think so, but bees are a crucial part of our ecosystem. They pollinate crops—the same crops we find in supermarkets and on our dinner tables everyday.
Unfortunately, these hardworking insects are being threatened due to factors such as pesticide use, transported diseases through global trade, pollution and loss of habitat thanks to developments in urban and suburban areas. To put it in numbers, 43 types are currently in danger and 99% of the Rusty Patched bumblebee populations are already extinct.
But something is being done. This month, Burt’s Bees has joined forces with Canadian jewellery designer Jenny Bird to save the bees. Together, they have created a limited edition “For The Bees” friendship bracelet to help raise awareness and funds for at-risk bees.
The bumbling bracelet comes in 18-karat gold-dipped or sterling silver dipped brass, starting at $24. Plus, what’s as sweet as honey is that 100% of proceeds will go to the Pollinator Partnership, a not for profit organization that aims to protect and restore populations of pollinator species.
More from FLARE:
- Coco Rocha Joins Naomi Campbell & Karolina Kurkova On The Face, Reality Show
- Joe Fresh To Land In JCPenney Stores & Online This Spring
- Olympic Nail Art: A Must-Try Shellac Mani
- The Perfect Match: Pantone Sephora’s Color IQ Program
- Available Today: Richard Nicoll's for Topshop Bridal Collection
Connect with Flare: