Toy expert and Chief Toy Office of ToyInsider.com, Laurie Schacht, breaks down the best gifts for the family for this holiday season including the new Wii U system from Nintendo, DJ Rock Dock, Boost Plus, iPhone case and bottle opener by iFrogz, and the Peek Plus baby monitor system. All gifts make family time fun.
Blog Posts by Shereen Dindar
- Shereen Dindar | Shine On – Mon, 26 Nov, 2012 11:20 AM EST
Toy expert and president of Toy Insider.com, Laurie Schacht, reveals her top toy picks for 2012. Laurie and her team have tested, reviewed, and played with hundreds of toys, gadgets, and games, and selected the best toys for very age. Top toys include: Lil Princess 3 StoryEnchanted Castle, HEXBUG Warriors Battling Robots, and Skylanders: Giants for Nintendo Wii.
A new study by The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine finds that some fast food kids' meals listed as "healthy" are not at all. The researchers looked at high fat content, sodium, cholesterol, red meat, and processed meats to determine the most unhealthy "healthy" fast food kids' meals. The list includes the cheeseburger happy meal from McDonald's, the Burger King hamburger kids' meal, and Denny's Build Your Own Jr. Grand slam.
- Shereen Dindar | Shine On – Tue, 26 Jun, 2012 3:13 PM EDT
In this charming video, Michelle Obama talks about how Barack Obama showed all the right facets of his eclectic personality on their first date. They spent the whole day together having lunch at the Art Institute in Chicago, then taking a long romantic walk, and to end the date, they saw the movie "Do The Right Thing" by Spike Lee -- which Michelle claims showed he was hip and cutting edge.
Barack appears proud of his suave moves, almost like a gloating school boy. At one point, he addresses the camera with a smirk on his face, "Take tips gentleman."Read More »from Barack and Michelle Obama discuss their first date: video
- Shereen Dindar | Shine On – Fri, 1 Jun, 2012 12:12 PM EDT
Watch the educational video below by Dr. Oz that tells you what symptoms might be an indication of cancer. Did you know the way your nails look could indicate a form of cancer? Be careful to note the symptoms mentioned could represent a multitude of different illnesses.
- Shereen Dindar | Shine On – Wed, 9 May, 2012 12:33 PM EDT
Update May 9, 12:33 p.m.
It has been revealed that a previous story circulating around the internet and blogged about by Shine On was a hoax. The story ran with the headline Dentist yanks ex-boyfriend's teeth as revenge; now faces jail time
MSNBC contributor Erin Tennant dug further into the story to reveal:
- The Polish police agency in the region where the incident reportedly took place is not investigating any such case.
- Poland's Chamber of Physicians and Dentists is not investigating any case like the one reported. Nor, is a dentist named Anna Maćkowiak listed on its professional register.
- News outlets in Poland did not report the story. Some, however, reported the foreign media's coverage of what they called a "prank."
- The original story was traced back to Britain's Daily Mail newspaper. The writer Simon Tomlinson, says he does not know where the story originated, despite its bearing his byline. "I've drawn a bit of a blank," he told MSNBC.
- American Dental Association's national
- Shereen Dindar | Shine On – Sat, 5 May, 2012 10:05 AM EDT
If you're a guy who has ever considered paying a self-described Pick-Up Artist (PUA) two thousand dollars for a weekend seminar on how to score with chicks, you may want to put away your pocket books and pay attention.
Jezebel writes about how a website called PUA Hate is electronically lashing out against the leaders of the "seduction community" -- those self-described dating gurus who help sexually underprivileged men to meet, neg, charm and subsequently bed as many women as possible.
But instead of hating on the dating gurus for their genuinely misogynistic viewpoints and overall sleaziness, the PUA haters are ticked that they dropped a couple of thousand dollars in a PUA class and are not getting the results they were promised -- meaning easy sex with any woman of their choosing.Read More »from Men who paid for ‘Pick-Up Artist’ services lash out against unfulfilled promises
- Shereen Dindar | Shine On – Fri, 4 May, 2012 12:05 PM EDT
Hello Shine On readers!
In honour of Mother's Day, we would like to get your feedback to this question. We will select some of your answers to be compiled into a blog story written by our editor. Think long and hard!
What is the most important life lesson your mom taught you? Tell us your lesson in the comments section below.Read More »from Mother’s Day: Tell us the most important life lesson your mom taught you
- Shereen Dindar | Shine On – Fri, 20 Apr, 2012 1:04 PM EDT
Check out the video below where sexy burlesque dancer and model, Dita Von Teese, takes us inside her home to show off her impressive shoe collection, many of them custom made. For more video episodes of Yo Show click here.