What is love?
Want to know the meaning of love? Just ask your children. Your heart will grow three sizes when you hear their sweet take on the L-word.
We asked our readers to talk to their little ones about love. Here's what the kiddies had to say.
Contest: Scroll to the end of this gallery to find out how you could win a Spa Package!
Playing tea party
"Love is hugs and kisses and playing tea party and making my lunch."
- Madelyn, 4 years old (Submitted by Alysha Macdonald)
"Love is that feeling that comes from my heartbeat."
- Submitted by @kayhntr
Doing what mom says
"Showing respect to people and being nice to people, and when your mom tells you to do something, do it!"
- Sam, 5 years old (Submitted by Meghan Promo-Hopkins)
"How do I know? Girls are gross!"
- Ben, 8 years old (Submitted by Jennifer Rosenitsch)
"Love is hugs!"
- Brooke, 2.5 years old (Submitted by @KarenDeeGee)
"Love means somebody holds you and rocks you."
- Submitted by @HipToBeMe
"Love is when a boy or a girl feels all squirmy inside and they just want to say something to the person."
- Matthew, 8 years old (Submitted by Jane Soucie)
"Love is mash potatoes."
- Jonah, 3 years old (Submitted by Erica Sharee Wood)
"Love is cookie."
- Tuana, 3 years old (Submitted by Christine Noble)
"Love is being nice even when you don't feel like it. "
- Jack, 4 years old (Submitted by Andrea Waldbrook-Johnson)
Great big goodnight hug and kiss
"Love is a heart. Love is a puppy dog and love is a cat. Love is a hug and love is a kiss. And love is a great big goodnight hug and kiss. That is all."
- Isabella, 4 years old (Submitted by Crystal Allen)
Having someone always with you
"Love is when you feel good because you have someone who is always with you."
- Madelynne, 6 years old (Submitted by @amysvrs)
- Ella, 3 years old (Submitted by Allison Pummell)
Helping my brother
"Love is helping my brother find his Power Ranger."
- Noah, 4 years old (Submitted by Erica Sharee Wood)
A happy jump
"Love is a kiss and a happy jump."
- Matteo, 3 years old (Submitted by Stefani Occhipinti)
SpaFinder gift card contest
If you live in Ontario, British Columbia or Alberta, you can enter for a chance to win a $200 SpaFinder gift card! Make sure you sign in and answer the following question in the comments section below: What does love mean to your child?
SpaFinder® Wellness gift cards can be used for the treatment or service of the recipient's choice such as soothing massages, luxurious facials, fine beauty products, fitness classes and personal training whether it's in your neighbourhood or around the globe at more than 20,000 participating spas.
Click here for full Rules & Regulations.
Photo courtesy of SpaFinder Wellness.
Share the love with these homemade Valentines cards
Coming Up Next...
More from Today's Parent
- 10 homemade Valentines
- Today's Parent printable valentines
- 9 fun Valentine's Day crafts for kids
- Love letters: online valentines to make with your kids
- Make the perfect Valentine's Day meal for your family
Connect with Today's Parent: